Site is back online.
Relaunch 8/25/2017 (Patch 1.40)
On august the 25th at 8:00 PM MortalKingdom will re-open it's doors with a big content update, Patch 1.40. Including new classes, a Capture The Flag event, Dungeons and more! Read the patchnotes below for more information.
What is new?
Most players got bored after around 2 weeks of playing as there was simply not enough content. That's why Patch 1.40 adds a lot of new content and features to MK. Based on the players their feedback we decided to change and add a bunch of things in the server.
• New classes: The 1.40 patch will contain atleast 2 new classes, if time allows 3.
• Capture The Egg: We're planning on adding different events to MK. Patch 1.40 contains the first event, Capture the Flag (egg). The CTF event will occur every day at a set time and last for a few hours in which both teams try to capture 1 flag (dragon egg) and keep it in their team's city. The team with the highes possession time wins the event. Players who participate receive EXP and MONEY. A win for your team and higher participation will lead to a higher reward.
• Dungeons: The Mobarena plugin caused a lot of lagspikes and even crashes. That's why we created our own plugin to replace the grinding method. On relaunch, there will be 1 dungeon type called "Verlum" containing multiple lobbies so at least 25 players can play at once. More dungeons will be created later on, as we first want gather player feedback on the new plugin. A dungeon consists of multiple different and random rooms which you need to complete in order to proceed to the next room. The more rooms you are able to clear, the harder it gets and the higher the reward each room, untill you reach the boss room and complete the dungeon. But beware, defeating or even reaching the boss room is hard and considered a serious challenge.
• Enchantments: Unlike vanilla minecraft enchantments, we've created a new and unique system for weapon/armor enchantments. In MK, enchantments will function like mini-skills that everyone can use when wielding the armor or weapon. They will be purchable with in-game money and are considered (expensive) high end gear.
• Usability Improvements: Simply put, we've improved a lot of interfaces like /class list and added more information about everything in the server. Like being able to check another class's skills with /skills [class] and also a /help command with everything you need to know about MK and how it works. The tutorial has been remade aswell to help new players blend in better.
New Content In Development
Down for Development
The server is currently down and in development of a big update that adds a whole lot of new content to MortalKingdom.
Scout Release & Class Changes
Scout is now officially available for everyone who mastered Archer! The scout is a more mobile version of Archer with 4 unique skills: Grapple, Chainshot, Haste and Preciseshot. This patch also includes the following class changes:
ASSASSIN: -1.5 Attack Damage
ASSASSIN: Taking damage and casting skills will cancel smoke
MAGE: ICEBOLT now slows the target for 1 second
ARCHER: ICEARROW and FIREARROW cooldown extremely reduced, but charge will always be 1 arrow per cast.
VOTE HERE for new content in the next patch.
Today PATCH 1.1 rolled out including some class balancing changes and a brand "new" class Assassin. This was chosen by you guys on the previous POLL so that's why Assassin was the first new content. Of course I also fixed loads of bugs and other issues. So, Assassin is of the list. Now VOTE HERE for the next patch and decide which new content will be added in the next PATCH.
20:00 PM, Amsterdam | OPENED THE SERVER
Wow! We didn't expect to see so many players at the launch, I guess the word spread rather quickly and far. At 20:00 PM today we launched a new adventure, or actually revived an old one: DutchKingdom. I hope that you all are having a great time. But we have ALOT more things in store for you. We're planning on adding so many new features, that we need your help on deciding which new content we should create first. You like PvP? Then you probably look forward to Assassin! You want more money or easier ways to get items? Then you will be thrilled to use a NPC trader. Either way, cast your VOTE HERE.
For everyone who didn't know, back in 2012 I started a server called "DutchKingdom". At that time it was one of the top servers in The Netherlands and one of the very few RPG-Based PvP servers. At some point we managed to reach the cap of 100 players in the server and looked down from the top of the most famous dutch serverlist at that time as we stood at #1. It was a server that was all about 2 factions called "Black and White" that were facing eachother in an endless war. Each had a city of it's own with plots that players could rent and create whatever they like: A home for all of your friends, a chest rental business, a bread shop, weapon shop, you name it. The constant thread of team based PvP, unique classes with skills, plots, and one of the best communities that I know made DutchKingdom or DK the best online experience I've ever had. Of course I was the owner and this is a different perspective for actual players, but till this day I still get people asking me about DutchKingdom and how great it was. Take a look at this trailer.
DutchKingdom Trailer - 3 Years Ago
"Remember the great times we had on DutchKingdom back in the day?" someone asked me, "Yes, of course I do." I answered. "Can you remake DutchKingdom?", is what I heard a lot of times from different people. MortalClans as it is now is a great concept, but an unfinished one. And I will never be able to finish it because it requires too much time and people, two things we don't really have. DutchKingdom had a smaller scope and back in the day I also went to school and managed the server without any problems, so when it became clear to me that MoralClans is too high to reach and someone asked me again. "Can you remake DutchKingdom and make us relive the good old times?", yes I can, why not? We will make it even better.
Spread the word
Have you played on DutchKingdom back in the day? Then you will enjoy this server just as you did in 2012-2014. You can help us revive the community by letting everyone know this great news. Especially people that also played on DK who you still know, but DK will also welcome new players to become part of this great community.